We are a UK Government approved provider of COVID-19 Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) testing. We offer postal COVID-19 SARS-CoV-2 PCR antigen self-test kits and clinic based COVID-19 SARS-CoV-2 ABBOTT IgG antibody blood tests.
We are not currently participating in Test to Release for international travel, further government information can be found here.
What is a COVID-19 SARS-CoV-2 PCR Antigen Swab Test?
We carry out a PCR test for 2 reasons:
- If you are showing symptoms of COVID-19 between day 0 to 14 (alongside following the government advice on self-isolation)
- If you are using it for essential travel reasons in compliance with up-to-date government recommendation and guidance
- The COVID-19 SARS-CoV-2 Antigen PCR test is a home self-test swab kit issued by The Doctors Laboratory (TDL) who are a government approved, UKAS accredited organisation authorised to carry out these tests
- The test is CE marked and MHRA approved
- The test is very accurate (98% sensitive with a 2% false positive rate)
- The turnaround time is approximately 48hrs, dependant on the day and time the samples were posted/returned to the lab (please check with us)
What if I have symptoms of COVID-19?
- Please follow government guidance on self-isolation
- If you are self-isolating and you are not eligible for a test (>5 days into self-isolation) you may request a home kit
- If your symptoms are deteriorating please refer to 111 for advice and guidance
- Do not use a Lateral Flow Test if you have symptoms
How will I get my results and are the results shared with anyone else?
- You will receive your results by secure encrypted email normally within 72 hours of postage
- Our legal obligation requires us to share both negative and positive results with Public Health England (PHE) along with your personal detail (this includes name, address, gender, and date of birth). Information sharing will be done securely in-line with data protection and GDPR laws
How do I acquire a Fit to Fly Certificate?
The guidance around quarantining for various countries is changing frequently, we therefore advise that you check the government website for advice on your destination of travel here. As the situation is changing rapidly, we cannot guarantee your entry to any country that you are travelling to.
Some countries waive the 14 day quarantining period if you have a negative PCR antigen test with a FIT to Fly certificate. We are in a position to arrange that provided:
- You take responsibility for understanding the government requirement for the country you intend to travel to
- Request a postal kit from us in a timely manner (please call us for advice and guidance at least 5 days before the flight)
- You provide us will all of the information required on our traveller forms which include your passport number, flight details, itinerary and all contact details
- You accept that we may need to share your personal information legally with the authorities if we are required to do so
What is a COVID-19 SARS-CoV-2 Abbott IgG antibody blood test?
The COVID-19 SARS-CoV-2 Abbott IgG Antibody test is used to test for the presence of antibodies in the circulation which id indicative of a recent (over 14 days), or past infection.
Therefore, this is not a test to see if you have the virus, it is a test to see if you have had it.
What are the features of this test?
- The test is carried out from a blood sample, which will be collected in person
- The test is carried out by TDL and is CE marked
- The turnaround time for the results is normally 24 hours
- Your personal details will be taken, and the result will be shared with PHE as it our legal obligation to share all COVID-19 test results
- The manufacturers claim the accuracy of the test to have a sensitivity of over 98%
- You will receive your results by secure encrypted email
- You should not have this test if you have test positive or have had symptoms of COVID-19 in less than 14 days
COVID-19 SARS-CoV-2 Antigen PCR Swab Test: £145 (test only, excludes a fit to fly fit certificate)
COVID-19 SARS-CoV-2 Abbott Antibody Blood Test: £145 (test price only)
Please complete the form to request a call back to book your test: